Monday, March 16, 2009

Russian Finswimming Video

By Robert H. Kelly
Executive Director-Texas Finswimming Association

DEER PARK, TEXAS (March 16, 2009) Here is a video clip that I found on YouTube that was produced by the Russian Underwater Federation. It shows a variety of events and disciplines, along with some very good examples of the techniques that are necessary to become a top caliber finswimmer.

I served as the Head Coach the United States National Finswimming Team at the 2000 CMAS World Finswimming Championships in Majorca, Spain.

My wife Darla, who served as the USA Assistant Coach for those Championships, took many hours of finswimming video in Majorca. If I can ever figure out how to convert them to a digital format, I will post them here.

The video below is about two years old, but it is still a welcome bit of visual finswimming for all to enjoy.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Anyone know there is fin swimming training in Washington State?
cls51160@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Hi, I haven't heard about finswimming in Washington. However, if the Texas Finswimming Association cannot help, then try Mike Gower or Jon Hoskins (usafin@aol.com). If you can't get in touch with them, try the finswimming egroup and ask the group (http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/finswimming/), someone there will know.

All the best,

Alaric.

TexSport Publications said...

Larry, I do not know of any finswimming groups in Washington State. If I find out about any, I will forward the information to you. If you need information on training, equipment, pelase let me know.

Robert Kelly
Executive Director
Texas Finswimming Association
rkelly@pasadenaisd.org

University of Texas Underwater Activities Team said...

I've been trying to look for above mentioned Yahoo's finswimming group, but it seems to be that it's not longer available. Does anyone of you guys know where did the group go? Did it get rename/delete?

Thanks,

Ricardo